The candlelit restaurant is right on the beach with spectacular sunsets. By day, see shoals of fish leap before your eyes. At night, watch the lamps of the fisherman sparkle in the bay.
What’s on the menu today?
- Peking spring rolls of tempe, cucumber, & peanuts in plum sauce.
- Fern tips with chilies & ginger in coconut milk.
- Julienned green papaya, carrots & long beans in lemon honey dressing.
- Chicken chunks with mango chutney, nuts & raisins in curried cream cheese dressing.
- Spicy minced tuna with lime & coconut.
- Eggplant & tomatoes, garnished with fried shallots.
- Freshly caught fish with basil parmesan sauce, shrimp sauce or breaded with cheese and nuts.
- Fresh tuna with pickles, olives and capers in creamy mustard mayonnaise.
- Hearty Balinese chicken soup with noodles and chopped egg.
- Sweet tempe with shredded carrots, nuts & crispy noodles in lemon soy dressing.
- Chunks of beef, flavoured with Guinness & tabasco, served with carrots, onions and mushrooms.
- Chicken cordon bleu, sweet ‘n sour, piccata, with chili soy dressing, or curried Balinese style.
Bali Eats – Bali Restaurant Guide
Villa Agung is another find on my recent jaunts to Lovina. Situated half way between Singaraja and Lovina it is a small beach side set of bungalows that include a very professionally run international restaurant, a comfortable lounge and cigar bar is above the restaurant (perfect for early morning dolphin watching.) The American-English owner-operators have really produced a spot that is moderately priced yet quite classy! A well sign-posted trail takes you down from the main road, through rice paddies. Eating is at beach-side, just metres from the hand-swept black sand. Pre-dinner cocktails are taken on the boardwalk that almost reaches over the sand and waves.